Just a brief note on creating bootable media on a chromebook.
The chromeOS Recovery Utility app is used to create recovery media for a chromeOS device. However, you can also use it to create bootable media such as for a Raspberry Pi or other SBC.
- Download the image you want to use to your chromebook
- Zip the image (if it isn’t zipped) because the Recovery utility looks for zip files:
- select the image in the Files app
- right-click (two finger tap) for context menu and select “Zip selection”
- Start the Recovery Utility
- From the gear menu (top right), select “Use local image”
- Choose your zipped image
- Insert and Choose the media to write (usb/sdcard)
Once created, it will be mounted so eject it from the Files app, remove from your chromebook, insert into your SBC and power it up.